Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Big paper {incomplete}

Going digital is on everybody’s minds. It affects everyone, and change is happening faster and faster. Many viewers question if this new age is hurting underdeveloped youth. For example myself, always had a computer, and when a new one came out the old one would be replaced. If the world had ended survival for most youth and teen would be impossible because the time that youth spend awake they watch fake shows on TV, spend hours on the Internet on social networks, and on their mobile devices. Interviews that I had recorded from people on the street said that they spent up to twelve hours on the Internet, watching TV, or on the cell phone. The average person sleeps about six hours; subtract six and twelve from a day, leaves six hours of regular life. The new digital age should not be frowned upon. The advancement is crazy. The sizes of these new devices are amazing. It has opened a whole new field of studies, and has made a demand for employment. What is not to love about it? The ability to talk to relatives on the other side of the planet (C.S.). (thesis undecided yet, emptying mind of ideas)

Classmates created experiments to test on them selves where they had to adjust something about their digital lives. I had created an experiment where I had a single hour to watch TV, go on the Internet, talk/text on my cell phone. My results, I did not use a single second of it. I took my bike out and road it all day. I sat in the park, stayed at a pier in Brooklyn, bought myself an ice cream cone. I was not able to really understand what this experiment really had meant. A few nights later thoughts came in my mind about that it was sad to think the only way to change my digital life is do maek these experiments

{Statics have show that 73.9% of the north American population have used the Internet, which is 251,735,500 people just in north America itself. 87% of Surveyed people say that they use the Internet for research but the 13% percent of people that don't use the Internet for research is 32,725,615 people. even though all these people research only a fraction of these people are actually able to find the information. Should we have these freedoms to search what ever we want? should the Internet only allow sites that have news and facts. with all these problems reported about twitter, facebook, myspace, and other social networking sites. maybe its not a problem some individuals are just taking advantage of the Internet. Antoher problem with the advancment of technology is that people think that they are able to text while they drive. I've been yelled at because I was walking while texting , I ran into people.}-from blog editing

No comments:

Post a Comment