Friday, November 20, 2009

HW: 24- Short Story (A Haiku Of Short Stories)

He got dressed in the brightest colored clothes that he owned. Laced his neck with gold. Went in front of the mirror and told himself that “I am the shit and everyone wants to fuck me.” After giving himself the “OK” he steped outside. His keys dangled from his finger tips. With a press of a button the car roars. Two women pass by impressed by his values. Car low to the ground, the engine revs and the car takes off and is out of eyesight in seconds.

4 comments:

  1. Your story seemed oddly short at first glance, but its actually pretty concise, and it gets right to the point.

    It seems to portray the stereotypical idea of a cool person in a movie, who is between the ages of 17 and 22 or so

    It also seems to be successful for him. Overall, its a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your story still says alot even though its kind of short. I really liked the part where the character speaks to himself in the mirror, almost like to reassure himself that he is cool, i thought that was cool.

    and the gold part kind of reminds me of someone whose showing off their high status in society, like hes showing off how cool he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jin
    Is this the type of person you admire? haha just kidding. Its a really short story, but its compact and is full of aspects that most of us find to be cool. I especially like the "Everyone wants to fuck me", it directly shows how self-centered he is, and I guess having confidence is a part of being cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jin, I really hope you don't find this person to actually be cool because this persona (or possible alter ego of yours) is the biggest douche bag on the face of the planet. Anyway I did like your story because I think that you were able to capture a common view of cool; the cocky all out kind of guy. Furthermore I think that the style you wrote your story in worked with the length.
    Nice Work

    ReplyDelete